Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation

Al oldie but goodie, Bourjois’ Healthy Mix foundation is a “drugstore” favourite in the UK and the rest of Europe and has been for years, but as it’s not available in the US (other than online) I see lots of questions online about shade matching.

To help those who might not have access to a counter and/or testers, I have swatched the full range available at my local stores, ranging from 51 (lightest) to 58 (darkest). You will notice one shade is missing (57, Hâlé/Bronze) and that’s because neither the Boots not the Superdrug close to where I am had it on display. It is, however, listed online on Bourjois’ UK website.

The swatches are in numerical order from lightest to darkest: 51 (Vanille Clair/Light Vanilla),  52 (Vanille/Vanilla), 53 (Beige Clair/Light Beige), 54 (Beige), 55 (Beige Foncé/Dark Beige), 56 (Hâlé Clair/Light Bronze) and 58 (Hâlé Foncé/Dark Bronze). For reference, I am about N10 and 51 is a decent match.

The first pic represents a fresh set of swatches and the second is after they’d settled for a bit – all shots were taken in a mix of natural and artificial lights using an iPhone.bourjoisHM01

bourjoisHM02

* Apologies for the weird letters with accents, for some reason this font doesn’t seem to like them!

Tagged: , , , , ,

Comments: 9

1. traxfever March 13, 2013 at 6:17 pm Reply

Thank you for the swatches. This fdn is on my list to try! A lot of them look warm which is good news for me. :) Thanks again!

• Nicole March 13, 2013 at 6:50 pm Reply

They are mostly on the warm side, yes. Glad it helps! :)

2. Katy March 24, 2013 at 12:01 am Reply

Thx for swatches!
    I just have one question for you. There is a new healthy mix foundation which was released few weeks ago (the old one is in a plastic bottle, the new one in a glass). Are these swatches for the new one or the previous version of healhty mix?

• Nicole March 24, 2013 at 3:06 am Reply

Hi Katy, the testers did not specify but I assume they are the old formula as the packaging at my local store was the old one.

3. R Mimi May 29, 2013 at 3:34 pm Reply

Sadly in Spain the lightest one you can find is 53 . Thank you for the swatches, sellers insist there are no more shades:((

4. Flavia July 24, 2013 at 2:00 am Reply

Hi!!!

I’d like to know if any of those shades is the same as Maybelline instant age rewind foundation in Buff Beige #130.

Thanks!!!

• Nicole July 24, 2013 at 9:51 am Reply

Hi Flavia,

I am not sure as I’ve never tried the Maybelline foundation, but I can try to do some comparisons if it’s available in the UK. :)

• Flavia July 24, 2013 at 11:59 pm Reply